The Executive Assistant responsible for performing a variety of administrative and clerical duties in primary support of the HSCSN Executive staff. Manages the executive office, providing support and analysis services. Act as liaison to internal and external contacts, projects strategic focus of teamwork, cooperation and competency.
Essential job duties:
1. Acts as liaison between the assigned executive(s), coworkers and other company and system departments and/or community organizations.
2. Always present professional image.
3. Accurately creates special reports and presentations as requested.
4. Schedules and maintains all appointments on electronic, calendar, including handling the logistical arrangements and communications required for effective use of supervisor’s time and provides accurate daily updates to supervisor. Anticipates scheduling conflicts before problems arise and independently resolves.
5. Proactively monitors the organizational calendar and upcoming events and calendars on the assigned executive(s) schedules as appropriate.
6. Provides information and support to assigned executive(s) in anticipation of upcoming deadlines.
7. Maintains/monitors administrative budget and prepares requisitions for supplies and services for the executive office.
8. Orders supplies to ensure there is no shortage/overages, as assigned.
9. Coordinates equipment repair (i.e. copier) to ensure that the department runs smoothly.
10. Coordinates meeting arrangements (i.e. travel, expense reports, ordering food, and audio visual) Ensures rooms and other preparations are ready before meeting.
11. Accurately prepares meeting packets, or information so that it is 100% accurate and on time.
12. Consistently displays professionalism in dealings with customers, staff and clinicians as observed by Supervisor.
13. Proactively and clearly communicates up and down organizational channels, as appropriate. Communicates appropriate level of details, using a variety of media (email, verbal, non-verbal, and written)
14. Answer phones and directs calls as per established procedures/executive preference. Responsible for providing telephone coverage and demonstrates excellent communication skills, telephone etiquette and helpful attitude.
15. Transcribes confidential dictation. Copies and distributes to appropriate individuals.
16. Opens, sorts and distributes mail/office documents, as appropriate, in such a manner as to ensure that important documents receive priority attention.
17. Performs duties as assigned by designated staff in support of activities for the HSCSN Board of Directors.
18. Performs with minimal supervision and offer to cover shortages within the department.
19. Maintains master file of companywide policy manual, coordinating distribution of companywide policies.
20. Acts as recording Secretary at meetings as needed. Records and prepares agenda and minutes. Organizes, prepares and maintains data relevant to the meeting.
21. Attends mandatory in services and meetings or arranges with the appropriate supervisor for satisfactory compliance.
22. Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e. attends ongoing educational programs).
1. Minimum three (3) years in a high performing executive office, preferably in a healthcare setting.
2. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and graphics software, with minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
3. Ability to compose correspondence and proof assignments to ensure accuracy of documents.
4. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills required.
5. Detail attentiveness required.
6. Ability to independently take initiatives and exercise good judgment in decision-making.
7. Ability to work under deadline pressures and to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and projects with speed and accuracy.
8. Professional maturity that daily sets the tone in carrying out the responsibilities of position.
9. High degree of honesty, integrity and confidentially.
10. Ability to recall and manage large amounts of information.
11. Ability to work with individuals in a tactful diplomatic manner that enhances the image of the HSCN Healthcare system
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
DC Residents are encouraged to apply!!