Service Area:The HSC Pediatric Center
Shift(s):Hours May Vary
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to: SurgeRecruitment@Hschealth.org
The Registered Respiratory Therapist possess sufficient training and experience to perform independent professional respiratory care diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, clinical evaluation of care including the establishment of therapeutic objectives and the review of care. The final and ultimate authority, judgment and clinical decision making are the responsibility of a physician. He/she is involved in acute critical and/or life threatening patient care areas and situations.
SHIFT: Combination of Day/Night
Essential job duties:
1. Operate various types of mechanical ventilators, airway management (suctioning and tracheostomy trach care and change) and administering medical gas therapy as needed.
2. Administers respiratory therapy inhaled medications, bronchopulmonary hygiene/drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, adverse reactions and capillary/arterial blood gases.
3. Evaluates the effects to respiratory therapy treatments by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
4. Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment
5. Transports mechanically ventilated patients internally within the organization and externally outside the organization.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending continuing education workshops;
Other job duties:
1. Documents patient care services received in MedHost the Electronic Medical Record.
2. Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
1. Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred.
2. Six months post-graduate experience in all aspects of respiratory care, including critical care background, required.
3. Demonstration of proficient skills for ventilator management required.
4. Clinical evaluation skills required.
5. Strong communication skills required.
6. Ability to handle stressful situation, and good time management skills required.
7. Active member of the AARC, and AARC state affiliation preferred.
8. Participation in activities which further professional growth for self and the department is preferred.
Must meet DC licensure requirements. Registered (R.R.T.) by the NBRC required. BLS certification required. NRP/ACLS/PALS/NPS certification preferred.
AS or BS preferred. Graduate of a Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) approved program for respiratory care.