The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for scheduling clinical field staff and clients under the supervision of the Clinical Manager and Clinical Director. He/she coordinates the Scheduling Coordinator functions as an integral part of the health care team, and performs all duties in a manner consistent with and supportive of the Mission, Vision and Values of HSC Home Care and HSC Health and Residential Services. Coordinates clinical staff scheduling needs with the Administrative Coordinator and the Clinical Supervisors.
Essential job duties:
1. Schedules clinical staff for home visits for clients within service area.
2. Prepares staffing reports inclusive of on call reports for weekend staffing.
3. Prepares monthly clinical schedules for caregivers.
4. Maintains a scheduling work sheet to facilitate scheduling efforts and reports to Clinical Team at the end of each day.
5. Confirms all assignments with staff and clients and documents responses.
6. Participates on the HSC Home Care’s Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Service Committee (CLAS) and the Events Committees.
7. Contacts Case Managers to obtain authorizations as needed.
8. Participates in Interdisciplinary Review and Kriterium Review Meeting.
9. Maintains schedules and makes notification when authorizations are needed.
10. Prepares weekly overtime report and submits to Clinical Director, Clinical Manager, Nurse Reviewer and VP of Clinical Services and performance Improvement.
11. Makes follow-up calls to staff for visit clarifications.
12. Responds to staffing issues related the afterhours and reports to Clinical Director, Clinical Manager and VP of Clinical Services & Performance Improvement.
13. Ensures timely and cooperative inter- and intra-departmental relationships and communication throughout the HSC Home Care and the HSC Health System and external customers in the hospital.
14. Keeps the Clinical Director appropriately informed of all reported all significant issues and problems, related to client /staff scheduling. Seeks advisement when necessary.
15. Takes meeting minutes at identified at staff/committee meetings.
16. Assists with projects or special initiatives as assigned.
17. Meets monthly with Clinical Nurse Supervisors in preparation of monthly client
calendars to caregivers.
18. Responds to caregiver calls related to staffing request.
19. Faxes scans, maintains excel spread sheets as applicable
At least two (2) years of administrative experience working in professional health care settings, experience working in home health agencies is a plus. He/she must possess excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor, along with effective oral and written communication skills. Bilingual preferred. Ability to manage deadlines and competing priorities is a must.
Ability to read and understand operations manuals; ability to maintain positive work-related interaction; critical thinking ability; ability to maintain positive relationships with others; must be proficient in MS Office and other software programs; and knowledge and understanding of DC Department of Health, Maryland COMAR regulations, and other appropriate agencies regulations, standards and requirements.
None required. LPN or RN license preferred.
Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of training and experience required. Nursing License as LPN or RN is a plus.