Service Area:The HSC Pediatric Center
The Staff Psychologist will provide outpatient psychological services, evaluations, consultation and psycho-education to staff, patients and their families as a member of our Behavioral Health Team at the HSC Pediatric Center. The Staff Psychologist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to plan and provide culturally-sensitive, high-quality, evidenced-based, family-centered care appropriate to the age, needs and strengths of the patients served. This individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to conduct psycho-diagnostic assessments and implement treatment plans to meet each patient’s and family’s individual needs. We are seeking an individual with excellent interpersonal skills, professional maturity, innovative ideas, willingness to work within a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation team model, and who has a passion for delivering service excellence.
Essential job duties:
1. Adhere to professional practice standards including the Code of Ethics of the American Psychological Association, state licensing guidelines, regulatory agencies and through completion of appropriate continuing education courses.
2. Meet regularly with the Director of Psychology.
3. Maintain required documentation and standards for Health Information Management.
4. Perform psychological evaluations of outpatients and provide appropriate feedback to stakeholders.
5. Conduct group or individual psychotherapeutic interventions with patients and families.
6. Prepare and complete case presentations, case conferences and annual competency reviews.
7. Assess treatment effectiveness through use of outcome measurements.
8. Participate in team conferences with other Hospital personnel on behalf of patients and families.
9. Supervise graduate students and trainees as needed.
10. Consult to HSC System staff; assist in planning and implementation of psychology-related education and staff training throughout the Hospital as needed.
Other job duties:
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must demonstrate a professional and enthusiastic interest in delivering outpatient behavioral health care and psychological services to our pediatric population. Must possess knowledge of human growth and development, knowledge of current DSM-5/ICD-10 diagnostic classifications and the ability to accurately diagnose and treat a range of psychological conditions in children, adolescents and young adults. Strong psycho-diagnostic assessment experience desired. Experience with evidenced-based direct care interventions for pediatric populations living with conditions such as, but not limited to, chronic illness, pain, ADHD, feeding issues, disruptive behaviors and autism spectrum disorders is desired. Strong candidates should demonstrate the ability to employ culturally sensitive, family-centered care in their service delivery practices. The candidate’s skill-set should include effective verbal communication, strong writing skills, computer literacy and the ability to foster team-building. Working knowledge of infection control principles and techniques is an asset. Multi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Must possess Psychologist licensure by the District of Columbia and/or Maryland. Licensure in surrounding states may be required. Will be credentialed by the HSC Board of Directors when presented for membership. CPR certification also required.
Doctoral degree in Psychology from an APA approved graduate program and a pre or postdoctoral internship.