This position performs scheduling of therapy and clinic appointments, including maintaining waitlists, acquiring insurance authorization for OT, PT and ST services and/or the therapy clinics.
Essential job duties:
Follow most recent Standard Operating Procedures for scheduling, customer service, insurance verification-authorizations, and waitlist/referrals, which includes but is not limited to the following job duties:
1. Obtain insurance authorizations for appointments (types listed below)
2. Obtain physician orders for services to be provided
3. Maintain patient waitlist
4. Manage and maintain schedule for all vendors/orthotists/therapists/licensed practitioners
5. Schedule all appointments and provide accurate schedule updates to supervisor including: AT (full team evaluations, AAC evaluations and trainings, power mobility evaluations and trainings), OPED (DME/orthotics), serial casting, UE/LE custom splinting, OT, PT and ST
6. Distribute schedules accordingly
7. Distribute orders/intake information to therapists
8. Distribute intake/orders/authorizations to registrars for scanning
9. Answer phones, return phone calls including: a. Reminder calls for all appointments b. Respond to calls/emails regarding status of appointment/insurance authorization/order c. Respond to calls/emails regarding status of DME/orthotics
10. Communicate with hospital's case management, social workers and management team on status of cases as appropriate.
11. Accurately create reports as requested.
12. Specific Productivity Expectations: a. Individual therapies: All clinical schedules will have 58 half hours booked b. Scheduling guidelines must be followed – no more than 3 unavailable appointments per clinic day c. Will return scheduling related phone messages/emails within one business day d. Cancellations/no show mailings should be mailed within one business day of request e. New referrals will be placed on the waitlist with in two business days
13. Work with Program Manager and Therapist to address any customer service concerns
14. Demonstrate working knowledge of SharePoint, and eClinical Works (eCW)
Other job duties:
1. May perform other duties in addition to those outlined in this job description including cross training for patient registration.
At least two years of prior clerical experience in a health care environment.
1. Medical Terminology use and understanding is required, CPT/ICD Coding is preferred
2. Working knowledge of medical and private insurance procedures.
3. Proficient with hospital computer programs.
4. Insurance Terminology use and understanding
5. Professional telephone manners
6. Strong organizational skills
7. Knowledge/experience of computer systems including, but not limited to, Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word programs
8. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with efficiency
High School Diploma or Equivalent