Your Care Manager — A partner and helper in getting the health care and services you need.
Your Care Manager will contact you by telephone within the first five days of sign-up to agree on a time to meet. After that, you will meet with the Care Manager up to three times per year.
Your Care Manager will work with you or your child’s health care providers to:
- Prepare and follow a care coordination plan (see below) that meets you or your child's needs.
- Help with making appointments.
- Help with getting transportation to health care services.
- Make sure your child’s school, District agencies, and out-of-network providers provide the services in the care coordination plan.
- Help you to understand your or your child’s condition(s) and how to manage it.
- Put you in contact with agencies and community service organizations that also can help.
Keep in Mind
- The best time to reach your Care Manager is on Monday through Friday 8–5:30 p.m. If after hours, leave a detailed message for a return call the next business day.
- In an emergency and after business hours, a 24–hour Care Manager can be reached through Customer Care.
- Problems with, or questions about your Care Manager can be reported to Customer Care.