Health Services for Children with Special Needs, Inc. is Washington, DC’s health plan for children and youth with disabilities and complex needs. There are many reasons to choose HSCSN.
- Complete Care — We're here to improve your child's health and help him or her to lead a full life. We provide a care manager who will give you personal attention and coordinate care for all of your child's medical needs. Your child will also have a primary care provider (PCP), who will refer you to specialists and other health care providers as needed.
- Family-Centered Care — HSCSN knows the value of family in your child’s health and well being. Our care managers work with families as partners in planning and giving care.
- Choice — We recognize choosing your own doctor is important. We have more than 2,000 providers in our network. We can help you choose the right doctor for you.
- Preventive Care — We make sure you or your child gets wellness visits or physicals, and dental exams—and we provide transportation to and from medical appointments. These exams can help protect your child's health.
- A Home For Medical Care — Understanding the health care needs of children and their families is only part of what makes HSCSN a "medical home." A medical home provides overall health care that is easy to access, family-centered, constant and coordinated. It is a place where we pay attention and understand your needs.