The District of Columbia Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF) in partnership with Georgetown University has developed the free, online HealthCheck Provider Education System for providers who offer well-child care for all children and young adults up to 21 years of age who are living in DC and are covered under Medicaid.
Please take a minute to register at to take the curriculum. Your registration ensures that your training is recorded by the Department of Health Care Finance. This is necessary so that you get credit for fulfilling the training obligations required to be a Medicaid provider. Please note that this training will fulfill your obligations for all Medicaid managed care organizations with which you are paneled.
In addition, you will receive five CME credits upon completion.
What you will find:
- CME Training on Health Supervision:
- Health History, Physical Exam, Screenings, Lab Tests,Immunizations, Health Education
- Information on Special Health Issues:
- Dental Health, HIV Guidelines, Obesity, Child Abuse & Neglect
- Guidelines on Documentation:
- EMRs, HealthCheck Reporting, Billing Codes & Procedures
- Provider Resources:
- Periodicity and Immunization Schedules, Anticipatory Guidance
What you need to know:
- Online training is easy-to-complete and time-effective.
- The training fulfills bi-annual requirements of DHCF and Medicaid managed care organizations.
- CME credits! MedStar Georgetown University Hospital designates this educational activity for a maximum of five hours in category 1 credits towards the AMA Physician's Recognition Award.
- Bright Futures materials and tips are included to assist in communicating with families.
CME awards will be paid for by managed care organizations once every two years in the year when you are due for HealthCheck Training. If you are not sure if you are due, register for the training and your prior training information will pre-populate. Even if you are not due for HealthCheck Training, please visit the site and explore the many tools and resources that are available.
DC Medicaid HealthCheck Periodicity Schedules
A periodicity schedule represents the guidelines for the frequency of visits and the types of screenings and health assessments that should be conducted at each visit.
- The DC Medicaid HealthCheck Periodicity Schedule follows the American Academy of Pediatrics health recommendations in consultation with the local medical community.
- The DC Medicaid HealthCheck Dental Periodicity Schedule follows the American Academy of Pediatrics Dentistry Periodicity Schedule oral health recommendations in consultation with the local dental community.