If you don’t see the information you need, visit the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) website for more information.
- What is CAQH?
CAQH is a national organization used to collect provider data for credentialing purposes. The application may be used by any participating health plan with CAQH. This streamlines the credentialing process for practitioners by reducing paperwork.
- What if I do not have a CAQH ID?
HSCSN will only accept CAQH applications. In order to obtain a CAQH ID, please the complete the provider interest form and forward to email@example.com. Please have the following available:
- Practitioner’s first and last name
- Address and telephone number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- How long does the credentialing process take?
On average, applications are processed within 30 days.
- What can cause a delay in the credentialing process?
When an application is not complete in CAQH, this will cause a delay in the credentialing process. Prior to informing HSCSN of your intent to become a provider, please be sure to:
- Review your CAQH application
- Check for expiring licensures and certificates
- Sign and date the Attestation
- Update all material as needed
- I’ve completed my application on CAQH. Why is it not current with HSCSN?
When an application is complete on CAQH, there are several reasons HSCSN will request updates and/or additional information:
CAQH may not meet the specific guidelines required by HSCSN. It takes several days for CAQH to scan documents, i.e. license, liability. Please allow 72 hours for CAQH database updates.
- How soon am I able to begin seeing patients?
Upon approval of your application, you will receive a certified letter informing you of the effective date.
- Can I become credentialed before I have a contract with HSCSN?
No. You must obtain a contract prior to being credentialed. If you are interested in joining HSCSN, please email a Provider Interest Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who can I contact for further assistance?
Please contact Tyhisia Thompson at email@example.com for further assistance.