In response to COVID-19 (coronavirus), The HSC Health Care System is working closely with our local health agencies to protect and care for our patients and families. Learn more »
Pediatric Psychology Clinic
About Our Pediatric Psychology Clinic
Our pediatric psychologists provide tailored evaluation and treatment services for your child and family. Our pediatric psychologists are child clinical psychologists, that specialize in working with children, adolescents and young adults (ages 2-21 years) with coexisting medical conditions and mental health difficulties.
Emphasis is placed on evidence-based treatment interventions, family-centered care and regular consultation with medical providers, school staff, and pertinent people in the community to coordinate the best care for your child.
Siblings of children and adolescents with medical conditions are also seen if the focus of treatment is coping with medical illness in the family or end-of-life concerns.
Services We Provide
- Diagnostic psychological evaluations
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Parent/child counseling
- Parent guidance about your child’s emotional, social, behavioral, cognitive and developmental needs
- Treatment of preexisting or newly diagnosed psychological disorders.
We help children with acute and chronic medical conditions with:
- Coping/adjustment difficulties
- Treatment of emotional and behavioral components of illness and injury (e.g., anxiety, depression)
- Psychosocial pain management
- Medical adherence
- Grief and bereavement
Location and Contact Information
We offer the Pediatric Psychology Clinic at:
The HSC Pediatric Center
1731 Bunker Hill Road, NE
Washington, DC 20017
Daytime and afterschool appointments are available Monday through Friday.
To schedule an outpatient appointment, call 202-635-5580 on weekdays.