Our partners offer goods (like computers and job clothing) and services (like college fees) to help young people with disabilities take their steps to adulthood.
Am I able to get a LEAP grant?
You must be between 14-26 years old and have not received a LEAP grant within the past three years.
How do I get a LEAP grant?
To receive a grant for supplies, equipment or a service, you must be selected by one of our community partners. Follow these steps:
- Review the list of LEAP partners and the types of service or items they offer.
- Contact the LEAP partners you’ve selected directly.
- Follow the LEAP partner’s guidelines for requesting a LEAP award.
- If you are selected for a LEAP award, the partner will notify you directly.
How can I use a LEAP grant?
Your LEAP partner will let you know how you can and cannot use the LEAP grant. Keep in mind, LEAP funds may not be used for things like food, non-work clothing, medicine, direct medical services and housing.
Here are some examples of how you can use the LEAP grant:
- Job-related courses
- College fees
- Work clothing or school uniforms
- Career searching
- Computers and equipment
- Other transition needs that you and LEAP partner organizations identify