Service Area:Health Services for Children with Special Needs, Inc. (HSCSN)
- The Program Coordinator assists the Manager of Marketing with departmental programming.
- Serves as coordinator for the Family Support Program and two Department support groups.
- Provides in-the-field services to disseminate information about HSCSN benefits and services to prospective and existing HSCSN members.
- Participates in EPSDT initiatives and member follow up.
- Collects data and prepares applications in support of funding requests for the Department projects. Serves as HSCSN representative at health fairs, collaborative/community organization events and meetings
- Provides administrative and technical support to the Department’s goals and objectives.
- This position serves under the direct supervision of the Manager of Marketing and Community Engagement.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing (English/Spanish) using business vocabulary.
- Experience in translating documents from English to Spanish.
- Three years community relations, customer or member services experience in a health-related or managed care organization environment preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate with executives, directors and managers, staff members, as well as the general public.
- Must be able to work independently, think creatively, plan strategically, and implement effectively.
- Must also work effectively within a team framework.
- Proficient with computer system and applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and database programs.
- Familiarity with Washington, DC community.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have access to reliable automobile.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
DC Residents are encouraged to apply!