The Project Lead will oversee the planning, implementation, tracking of a specific short-term, long term and ongoing projects which have a beginning, an end and specified deliverables.
Essential job duties:
- Develop communication plan (oral and written) for each initiative with assigned teams to include updates and status reports associated with each project.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop and implement stakeholder satisfaction tools for each project to ensure stakeholder buy-in and satisfaction.
- Keep executives informed of progress, barriers, etc.
- Facilitate team discussions and provide detailed feedback and follow-through.
- Listen and provide feedback to end user suggestions and issues.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
Other job duties:
- May perform other duties in addition to those outlined in this job description.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required 3-5 years Related and progressive experience; 3 years Project management experience;
- Familiarity and experience with electronic database research tools, including use of the Internet.
- Understanding of management information systems and technology is helpful.
- Full command of Microsoft Word, Excel and/or similar software applications.
- Knowledge and awareness of Project Management principles, documents and plans.
- Good facilitation and analytical skills.
- Ability to deliver results on time, on budget, and to the very highest standards.
- Ability to quickly gain the technical, behavioral and contextual elements of a project.
- Running large and small scale projects.
- Stakeholder management, strong drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- A willingness to see things through to the end.
- A team player who is comfortable working with other professionals.
- Ability to influence/work through people at all levels.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take on project ownership and accountability.
Preferred Experience: 3 years’ experience in writing/ communications, healthcare administration and non-profit management.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Management or Finance preferred.