Responsible for providing protection and security for patients, employees, visitors, hospital grounds and assets as assigned.
Shift Available: Evenings 4p-12:30a (Weekends Required)
Essential job duties:
1. Patrols hospital and surrounding grounds to prevent fire, theft, vandalism and intruders.
2. Monitors conduct of visitors and questions unauthorized persons when necessary.
3. Reports to occurrences such as violence, disorderly conduct, theft, etc. Interacts with MPD as required.
4. Reports safety concerns, fire hazards and protective service violations.
5. Escorts staff and visitors to parking garage and other hospital areas upon request.
6. Enforces established hospital/departmental policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, environmental and infection control, safety, etc.
7. Proficiently operate CCTV, Card Access and other security systems.
8. Staff the Command Center and proficiently operate telephone system.
9. Staff the reception desk and assist visitors in a professional manner.
10. Respond to all internal codes emergency codes.
Other job duties:
1. May serve as the Lead Officer in the absence of the Shift Supervisor.
2. May perform other duties in addition to those outlined in this job description.
Prior security experience preferred. Ability to learn how to operate security systems. Ability to read and interpret policies, procedures, and regulations. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to communicate with others, both verbally and in writing. Ability to write detailed reports. Ability to conduct security rounds and inspections inside and outside the hospital in various weather conditions.
DC Special Police Officer Commission within 6 months of hire. Eligible for Security Officer upon hire.
High School level of knowledge