Support When You Need It
It is important that members understand their benefits. HSCSN offers language services to help make sure that happens.
Your HSCSN benefits include oral interpreter services. You can get these services whenever you need them, even in the hospital.
- Step One: Call Customer Care to ask for interpreter services over the telephone.
- Step Two: If you need a doctor's appointment, call Customer Care at least 72 hours before.
- Sometimes using a friend or family member to interpret medical information can cause problems. If you choose to use someone other than our interpreters let Customer Care know.
Should you need information from HSCSN translated into another language, please call Customer Care at 1-866-937-4549.
Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Visually Impaired
If you or your child has trouble hearing or is visually impaired, call Customer Care for:
- TTY/TDD services
- Information on audiotape, in Braille and in large print.
HSCSN is proud to provide our members and caregivers with transportation, to and from provider appointments that they can trust. Remember:
- Step One: Find out if the transportation you need is approved by HSCSN. If you are unsure, call your Care Manager.
- Step Two: Call Southeastrans at 1-866-991-5433
- Schedule your pick-up at least 24 hours before your appointment time.
- Step Three: Be on time. Your driver will wait only 10 minutes past the pick-up time.
- Step Four: When you finish your appointment, call Southeastrans at 1-866-991-5433 and they will let the driver know you are ready for pick-up.
- Once you call for pick-up, a driver should arrive within one hour
- If your driver is later than one hour, call Southeastrans.
For additional information call Customer Care at 1-866-937-4549.
Helping children grow and learn to take care of themselves can be tough on the whole family. "Transition" describes the time when kids reach adulthood, from age 18 to 21. At that time, you will need to choose a PCP that treats adults. Your Care Manager can help you choose a new doctor. Your Care Manager also will make sure PCP has all the medical information needed to care for your child.