What is Healthy Habits?
Healthy Habits is a program for the whole family—children, teens and parents! Join our 10-week class and focus on eating healthy, fitness and family communication.
Our classes are taught by a team of health care professionals at The HSC Pediatric Center trained to guide the entire family to healthier eating and fitness habits.
During the 10 weekly classes, we start you off with a weekly weigh-in, discuss how the week went, then divide into separate kids and parents groups. We make physical activity and eating healthy fun with games, activities, and prizes.
Who can participate in Healthy Habits?
HEALTHY HABITS is for children ages 5 and up with weight concerns and their families.
How does Healthy Habits help my child?
The whole family will see changes as a result of the HEALTHY HABITS sessions:
- Your family will gain healthier eating and fitness habits.
- Your children and teens will learn to take responsibility for their eating choices and activity.
- You’ll tune up your skills to encourage a healthier lifestyle at home.
- Food will become less important as being active becomes more exciting.
- You’ll all learn new ways to talk with each other and avoid arguments.
When do Healthy Habits classes start and how do I sign up?
A new class starts every couple of months. The next session begins Tuesday, February 4, 2020.
To sign up:
- Email Robyn Winston Cohen (email@example.com) or Dannielle Markovitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the sbbject line 'Healthy Habits Registration.'
- Complete the Registration form (will be provided) and Physician Approval Form [DOCX - 42 KB].
- Provide a $20 deposit at the first class, which you will get back if you come to at least nine of the 10 sessions.